The Karl Rove Whack-a-Mole Contest
Ever feel like there?s no justice?
While the New York Times? Judith Miller sits in jail for protecting the identity of the Valerie Plame turncoat, Bush White House grand inquisitor and likely leaker Karl Rove remains at large.
That?s why you need to play Karl Rove Whack-a-Mole, the Perrspectives contest that lets you be Karl Rove?s judge and jury (though not executioner).
How to Play
The contest is simple. You get to sentence Karl Rove for his crimes; the best and most fitting punishment wins the contest.
While Rove may not technically have violated the law in outing a covert CIA operative, he is nonetheless long overdue for retribution for his dirty deeds and politics of payback. To enter the Perrspectives Karl Rove Whack-a-Mole Contest:
- Just comment below or use the Perrspectives Feedback Form to pronounce your verdict and sentence for Karl Rove.
- You may enter as many times as you?d like. However, any entry involving violence or torture will be disqualified, even if deserved or within the guidelines of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales? 2002 memo on the treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay.
- The deadline for contest submissions is August 3, 2005, the fifth anniversary of candidate George W. Bush?s promise to "uphold the honor and dignity of the office."
What You Can Win
The person whose entry contains the best, funniest or most appropriate punishment for Karl Rove wins the contest. While personal injury is out, fitting punishments can run the full gamut of the ironic, mean-spirited, tasteless, and otherwise biblically just. For example, having Karl Rove share a prison cell with OxyContin junkie Rush Limbaugh is permissible, as would be having Rove marry Limbaugh on the steps of the statehouse in Boston. Prison, community service, a tour of duty in Iraq, or a stint as an NAACP spokesperson would also be fine.
Winners of the Perrspectives Karl Rove Whack-a-Mole Contest will receive:
- First Place. To commemorate Karl Rove being shuffled off to prison, the Grand Prize Winner gets a 1 GB iPod Shuffle.
- Second Place. To celebrate Rove being "frog-marched out of the White House", the second place finished receives the video game "Frogger" (for PS2, xBox or GameBoy).
- Third Place. The third place finisher wins the home version of the Whac-a-Mole game.
UPDATE: Be sure to check out the Perrspectives Karl Rove Scandal Document Library.